Mid-Atlantic States Career and Education Center is dedicated to insuring the health and well being of its clients and staff. As such, it has chosen to follow guidelines put forth by the State of New Jersey regarding the current public health concern of Coronavirus – COVID-19.
Effective immediately, Mid-Atlantic will be implementing the following adjustments to its current programs until March 27, 2020.
Programs CLOSED for clients to attend in person:
- Work Readiness program, 55 Delaware Street, Woodbury.
- Supported Employment Program – in-person for clients
- High School Proficiency Preparation and Testing (Including programs at 111 S. Broadway, Pennsville and Gloucester County Libraries.)
Please note that these programs are closed to attend in person, but phone consultation and email correspondence are available from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. in Pennsville (856-514-2200) and 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. in Woodbury (856-202-5383)
Programs OPEN for clients to attend in person:
- Pennsville Food Giveaway on Tuesday, March 24, 2020 from 11:30 to 12:30 p.m. – Items are pre-bagged and will be handed out to attendees. We anticipate holding this Food Giveaway every Tuesday from 11:30 to 12:30 p.m. It will be a drive-in give way with the food prepacked.
- The Woodbury Food Giveaway on Thursday, March 19, 2020 will be held from 1:30 to 2:30 p.m. The Woodbury Food Giveaway is anticipated to be every Thursday from 1:30 to 2:30 p.m. Food will not be prepacked.
Clients may contact the Mid-Atlantic States Main Office at 856-514-2200 for questions regarding any program, including Parolee Employment Placement Program, Respite (Melinda Williams) and Transportation.
For information on the many programs Mid-Atlantic States administers in partnership with the Salem County Office on Aging, including Transportation (SCOOT), Congregate Nutrition, and Senior Health and Wellness Programs, please visit the county website at health.salemcountynj.gov or call 856-339-8622. The Congregate Nutrition Program is canceled through March 27, 2020.
In following with the Federal and State government guidelines, Mid-Atlantic States plans to regularly reevaluate program openings and closings in order to best serve our clients and staff. Please continue to visit our Website or our Facebook page for up-to-date information on all Mid-Atlantic States Career and Education Center programs.
We look forward to seeing our clients again once our programs return to regular protocol. In the meantime, we hope all of our clients stay safe and healthy and we encourage you to reach out to us via email or phone whenever you need us.
President and CEO, Mid-Atlantic States Career and Education Center